Current:Home > ContactTradeEdge-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -BeyondProfit Compass
TradeEdge-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Surpassing View
Date:2025-04-06 11:30:44
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,TradeEdge which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (58935)
Related
- Average rate on 30
- Savannah Chrisley Says She Was Kicked Off Southwest Flight for Being Unruly
- A skinny robot documents the forces eroding a massive Antarctic glacier
- Out-of-control wildfires cause evacuations in western Canada
- The Daily Money: Spending more on holiday travel?
- People smugglers keep trying to recruit this boat captain. Here's why he says no
- Jessica Simpson Serves “Neon Energy” in New Bikini Selfie
- Black Mirror Season 6 Finally Has a Thrilling Release Date
- Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
- News Round Up: algal threats, an asteroid with life's building blocks and bee maps
Ranking
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Greta Thunberg's 'The Climate Book' urges world to keep climate justice out front
- TikToker Jake Octopusslover8 Shane Shares How Amassing Millions of Followers Impacted His Mental Health
- How to prepare for the 2023 hurricane season with climate change in mind
- Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
- Sofia Richie Marries Elliot Grainge During Lavish Ceremony in South of France
- Kelly Ripa Dances Off Minor Wardrobe Malfunction on Live
- Princess Eugenie's Son August and Princess Beatrice's Daughter Sienna Enjoy a Day at the Zoo
Recommendation
What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
Climate change and a population boom could dry up the Great Salt Lake in 5 years
Meghan Markle Responds to Report About Alleged Letter to King Charles III
Solar energy could be key in Puerto Rico's transition to 100% renewables, study says
What to watch: O Jolie night
Jennifer Love Hewitt Shares Rare Glimpse of Her Kids During Disneyland Family Outing
Maria Menounos and Husband Keven Undergaro Reveal Sex of Baby
Bachelor’s Sean Lowe Recalls Keeping Son Sam Safe During Attempted Armed Robbery of His Truck